Saturday, August 15, 2009

Op-Day +15, E-Day +33

It's been 15 days since I went under the knife to fix my broken radius. It's been 13 days since I left the hospital. I'm still wearing a cast on that arm, I'ma go to the hospital in a week's time to remove the k-wire from my wrist, & for the doctors to review my radius. I've ye to regain use of the broken arm, although I can hold small things, I can't really grab hold of things, only for a very short period of time before it starts shaking.

I've pretty much been able to do basic things myself. But I've been trying to gradually get into doing small things, like doing the laundry. The thing is tht I dun have anything to do at home, apart from surfing & watching TV. Watching TV has made me itching to go outside. The badminton world championships is currently on in Hyderabad, & today is the start of the world athletics championships in Berlin. Watching those made me feel really impatient to start running again.

I reckon I can remove the cast & replace it with something else, like an arm brace. I've made a few enquiries & there's a company tht sells what look like a suitable brace for me in PJ. I'ma get those once the k-wire is removed. Of course I'd show it to the doctor 1st, it's pretty expensive & I dun wanna buy it before getting the okay frm the docs.

Well. life goes on.

Livestrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment