Saturday, May 30, 2009

The wait is almost over...

It's been quite a while since my last post. Quite a lot has happened since then. I didn't run in the PACM NB 15K, I was down with a high fever for 3 days. It was a bummer, considering the things I had to do to get myself in that race. I registered after the closing date, with some help from a friend (thanks Choi). I had to pay slightly more than the normal race fees. In the end I couldn't even collect my race pack. Well, I guess I had to look on the bright side.

I was looking for a race to run before June's Standard Chartered KL Marathon. & I found one race: the Klang Pacers Setia Alam Half Marathon. After some checking, I found out that there's an 11K race. But still, I was quite reluctant to go. Why ? I had some emotional attachment to Setia Alam & Klang. But then, after some consideration, I called up the organizers (after the closing date) & was lucku enuff that they still can reserve a place for me. So, finally I'ma have a race to do in a week's time (it's on 7/6). Looking at the route & my current form, I'ma try to go under an hour.

Look at this. I'm behaving like a seasoned runner. 10th May's Larian Bomba was my first race after sooooo many years. I dunno, it seemed natural to me. & after doing all these runs, I found out that I'm losing weight faster than ever. I'm now at 84-85, I was at 90 just before Larian Bomba 20 days ago. I'ma keep on running, besides keeping my current workout regiment of weights & badminton. 

I'm looking forward to having a good race on the 7th. 

2009 Running Season :
  1. 10/5 - Larian Bomba (1:04)
  2. 17/5 - PACM NB 15K (DNS)
  3. 7/6 - Klang Pacers Setia Alam 10K 
  4. 28/6 - Standard Chartered KLM 10K 
  5. 12/7 - Seremban 10K 
  6. 19/7 - Siemens Run 
  7. 2/8 - Adidas King Of The Road
Livestrong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment