Monday, October 19, 2009

The end of Syawal

Today actually is the last day of Syawal, or bulan raya in the Islamic calendar. & last weekend was the final weekend for anybody, including us, to have their raya open house. Well, U can actually have Ur open house any day, but then it won't be called raya open house la.

Raya Open House

This year we could only invite our closest family to our house for makan-makan. Nevertheless, once everything's been prepared, the food I mean, we realized that we had more than enuff food for at least 4-5 more families. But then, rice have become porridge, so my wife's siblings had a lot to take home. We had simple, East Coast dishes like nasi dagang & kuzi as our main dish, then we had nasi himpit, kuah kacang & rendang. My wife also baked something she's getting really good at, the chocolate moist cake. It's so good ppl dun believe we didn't get it from some bakery. I'm really proud of that.

By 4 pm all my in-laws (that lives in KL) is in our house already, except for my brother-in-law. By 9.30 everybody went home & we did the cleaning up. My wife was so tired, pity her & I did everything I could to help of course.

Missing training...

I've been having trouble with my legs for the the past couple of weeks already. Last week I had 3 straight training sessions, the final one was the hill workout on the treadmill (coz I'd forgot to bring my contact lenses). Even when running on the treadmill's suspended platform, I was feeling a bit of pain in my legs. This makes me feel really worried & uneasy. I have my comeback race this weekend & the Pesta Sukan MOF the week after that. I've been treating it with ice, like twice a day. I dunno if I could've done anything more. Maybe take a rest. I'd plan to take Saturday off, & do a long run on Sunday morning.

But the heavens opened up early on Sunday, around 4.30 am & it didn't go away. So I took another day off. Now I've to change my whole schedule for this week. I'ma run every other day, to prepare for Sunday, & then I'ma see how I feel.

Even with all the food & no training in the weekend, I'm quite pleased that I managed to bring down my weight to low 83s.

Pesta Sukan MOF

I found out from Hisham (the manager for athletics) that last year's winner for 10K ran a 37 min race. The 3rd place was running 45 min. With my best time is barely breaking the hour, I'm in for a tough time next week. Nevertheless, it's more to how my legs would feel, coz if I'm injured, then all the chances of running faster, regardless of my fitness condition currently is gone. But then again, I'm up for the challenge. Maybe I can better my time from last July's 59 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment