Sunday, October 4, 2009

Eventful weekend...

1st week at work

My first week at work was pretty much uneventful. There was nothing much to do, & I'm trying to get back to my working mode. With my usual MPTP still more than a month away, I won't have anything to rush for this month. Well, there's the Mesyuarat Penyelarasan Sabah & Sarawak that's gonna be on the 15th. But we're going on the 13th & will come back via Labuan on the 16th, becoz we had to go with our Seksyen Kewangan colleagues for some site visits. I've never been to Labuan, so this shud be interesting. Plus, this is gonna be my first outstation meeting without Dea around, so I've to do most things that she's been doing all this while. Maybe becoz now that I've got a boss, so my big boss decided that she dun have to come along for this one.

I've said to myself all along that this is gonna be my final year in PSM. I've been here for a little over 3 years & I felt like I've overstayed my welcome. I've done pretty much everything I could at my very best & I felt like I've dedicated this whole 3 years to my work in PSM. Of course some things happened, I've had my ups & downs, my moments of weakness. & I really think it's time to move on. But I'd like to stay in MOF, at least for another couple of years. so the only available option is to move to other departments. I've had this one dept in my radar for quite sometime now, & I believe I can ask to be transferred there as early as mid next year. I've made a deal with one of my batch mates, so I hope the deal's still on. It's a big risk, but I need to move on next year. I need to move outta PSM before 2011.

Saturday's training run

I've decided to do my long training run on Saturday, becoz on Sunday we're gonna go to Melaka with my family. I've done a pretty good 5K run on Friday, good in the sense of how I felt, my leg was very cooperative, so I felt good.

But the run on Saturday morning was disastrous. I decided to do the short 4K flat section 1st & on my way back, my tibialis posterior was hurting so much I had to walk home. I had to cut my run short & I was really in pain in both legs. I wondered if I haven't really recovered from Friday's run. But maybe it was the shoes. I had a different shoe for my runs in the office, at home I'll use my race shoe. But I reckon that my race shoe (Mizuno Wave Aero) had better cushioning than my other shoe (Mizuno Crusader 2). I dunno. I iced my legs immediately & continued with some weight training. I hope it won't take too long to heal. I'd reckon that I'm a little heavier now, at 85-86 kg, so that will contribute some to my injury.

Open house

I went to a couple of open house with my wife on Saturday. Apparently, so did a couple of million other ppl, as there were traffic jam everywhere we went. One of the open house, our last stop in fact, was at my old friend/neighbor's house, Along. We haven't met for quite sometime, despite the fact that we used to be neighbors for 6 years & we used to be a material during our schooldays. It was my first time to his house, & his parents was also there. It was great. We talked about old times, & Along's dad, I call him Pak Haji, told everybody at the house that he's always saw me as one of his own. Well, he used to send me to school, & of course I'm good friends with all his 3 sons. Along is pretty successful nowadays, living in the posh USJ20 neighborhood. We used to go to tuition for SRP together back in 1991. & one day, both of our bike, locked together, was stolen. We used to ride together to school, to tuition... & finally I went serious in the sport of cycling, while Along wasn't interested.

We went a long way.. One of the reasons I got distanced from him was when he broke his engagement with his long time girlfriend, Mas, my best friend. Along went for another girl, currently his wife. Well, that's pretty much water under the bridge. I dunno if Along & Mas is still in contact, but I've stayed in contact with both of them, although I haven't seen Mas in a looooong time, ever since she got married.

How I wished I could return to those days...

Melaka trip

We went to Melaka on Sunday, to visit one of my aunt, Cik Ana. She was the one who took care of me when I was very little. But then she got married against the wishes of my Embah & so she was pretty much isolated in Melaka. But that was then. I've always visited her & now that she's become very sick with Parkinson's, I've visited her more often. Her conditions are very bad & she was very happy that we came. My mom couldn't stop crying. Her conditions are so bad that the chair she was sitting down on, shook along with her. I just dunno what to do other than offer words of comfort & encouragement. Of course, I helped her in whatever ways I can. & I'd go visit her whenever I'm in the vicinity.

No comments:

Post a Comment