Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Rezeki anak

The past few weeks have been very interesting for me & my wife of course. I've been able to restructure my financial commitments to the point that we have nothing to pay for monthly.. well, at least nothing major.. except for my personal loan & car, the rest are just normal utility bills. This is what ppl call rezeki anak, & I certainly am very thankful to Allah for everything that has happened.

The Batmobile

I still have problems believing that I'm driving a new car, & although that car is not really my dream car, which is Mazda 6, it is still my kinda car, sport-sedan. Of course, for someone who's been driving a beaten-down Iswara before, to drive this car now is like a dream come true. Sometimes when I wake up in the morning & open the front door to see my Batmobile, I still can't believe my eyes that the car is in my front porch.

The car's been great. I've yet to fix the spoiler, I hope to be able to do that this weekend. I believe with the spoiler will give the car that rally-car look. I've always liked rally cars, no doubt about that.

Expensive lesson learned.

I bought a New Balance 759 shoes a couple of months ago. At that time I was really optimistic about the shoes & the fit. But even after almost 100km I still couldn't adjust to it & in the end I concluded that the toebox is just too wide. My toes had too much play & that's made me feel very uncomfortable up front, especially on long runs. My toes really hurt after long training runs, something I've never experienced before. So I went back to my Newtons & instantly the problems disappear.

I thought I'd taken everything into consideration before deciding on that shoes. I did, but the mistake was to buy the same size as my other shoes, which had normal width toebox. The 759 had 2E toebox, so I shud've bought a size or half a size smaller. That would've settled it. Now I'm using my RM320 shoes just for easy runs, becoz during easy runs I'll go easy & it's less than an hour, so my toes won't hurt that much.

After that very expensive mistake, I think I'll just stick to what works for me. That is, I'ma buy the same shoes so that I dun have to take time to adjust to the fit of a new shoes. So I'ma buy another Newton, to be used as my race shoes. I know Newton works.

During my 2-mile interval yesterday, I was using my old Adizero Ace. I thought that even after almost 300km the shoe still performs admirably. & I began to compare it to my new Asics Hyperspeed 3. The Asics is lighter of course, but it didn't have that spring in the form of Adidas Torsion plate. I had a very pleasant run with that Torsion plate in place, it helps propel my feet forward. With the Asics there was no such assistance, I had to carry my feet forward.

I think I'ma stop experimenting with shoes & just stick to what is tried & tested. It's kinda expensive for me to try new shoes & the result is uncertain. So, I've decided to stick to Newtons for long distance & Adizero Ace for short ones. Tht shud do it.

Pregnancy

Yesterday I went to HUKM with my wife for her regular check up. The baby is now almost 15 weeks old. & the baby is in perfect health. Scans show that my wife had a lump called fibroid in the womb, but the doc assured that it's normal. Okay. well, 21 weeks to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment