Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Moment of Truth

Pacesetters NB 15K 2011

I realized today that I haven't wrote anything about my last race, the PACM NB 15K. The race was just about 2 weeks after PSP2011 & my preparation for that race was far from ideal. I had plantar fasciitis just after PSP, so I took a week's rest, just swimming & doing weights. I had to attend a course in Melaka, so I took that opportunity to rest summore. The hotel I stayed in had a swimming pool & a gym. I ran on the treadmill for 45 mins & felt good. Not that the injury had gone away, but it seemed that it didn't really gave me any problem anymore.

I haven't done any long runs in May, as I prepared for PSP. Thus my mileage for May was less than 60km, less than half the previous month's mileage. But the NB was only 15K, & it's in Putrajaya, so I guess it was gonna be fine. About a week from the race, the organizers scrambled an email to participants telling that the race will start at 6.30am instead of 7.00. I guess the hot weather nowadays made them think twice.

I wanted to take the race as training, becoz I didn't really train for the race. But these days, I guess I can run any distance below 21km without so much of a training. I know I can finish, the question is just how fast. I'd set my target pace to be between 6:00 - 6:30, good enuff to finish the race in 1:30 hrs.

LYNet runners had planned to meet up before the run, although I got to the start pretty early, I didn't go to the meet up point. I struggled with my Garmin at the start... sigh. 3 months already & I haven't mastered the usage of this seemingly complex device. Even during the run, the target pace alarm seemed to not functioning correctly. I'm really puzzled by this.

Well, the run went well. I maintained my target pace throughout & didn't really feel that bad. Only with 2km to go did I really put the hammer down becoz I knew where the finish line is & I know I was able to sustain that pace, about 4:30 - 5:00, for that distance. & I hit the line at 1:30:00 flat. Not bad. Given my conditions. Not bad at all.

Workload

I'm currently handling more workload at work, more than before. But it was to be expected becoz I was recently promoted & also becoz I was among the most senior PSU at my section, I was given some extra tasks. I dun mind all that. But what bothers me is the "lain-lain tugas yang diarahkan dari semasa ke semasa" thingy. U know, we oughta remove that clause from our job description. Becoz that gives the opportunity for our bosses to give whatever task to ask without us having any say on it. Heck, it seemed like that is my main task nowadays. & worse, if U get a hard time from Ur boss from Ur perceived inability to focus on that job. Which job exactly ?

My baby

My wifey is now almost 8 months into her pregnancy. That means in a little over a month's time, I'ma be a father. I really hope & pray that the baby would change some of the aspects of my life, for the better. I dun really know what's gonna happen of course. How the baby would change me. Change my life. All I know is that I can't wait to have him into our family.

Livestrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment