Thursday, June 4, 2009

27:55 ???

I went for my usual 5K run today, I kinda missed the road & I need to prepare for Setia Alam Half Marathon on Sunday. So, off I went at about 5:50, my goal today was to run a little bit faster than usual. I started off nicely & settled into a comfy pace, I'd reckon it to be in the region of 5:25 pace. How wrong I was...

Then, there was this incident just after I left the Masjid roundabout. I was starting the short climb into JPM when this car suddenly stopped in the middle of the road. I always run against the traffic. Then this guy came out & started pointing to the car right behind him. I thought that car bumped into him or something. But then I realized, that the car behind him, a Myvi I think, left a water bottle on the car's spoiler. & the Myvi owner didn't seemed to have any idea what was going on, & she started to panic I guess. So I just went over, picked up the water bottle, which was so close to falling over, & handed it over to her. She then realized what that was all about, winded down the window & took the water bottle from me. She just smiled & said sorry & thanks. I went on my way as quickly as possible, but I guess that cost me around 5 secs maybe.

I thought I had maintained a hard enuff pace. & I was really bummed when I got to the end. It was 27:55. Man... that was soooo close to 28. My last run was 27:45 & that day I didn't stop at 5K, I went to Taman Wawasan & continued running. On 8/5 I ran a 27:35. I thought I could've hit 27:10 or maybe 26. Damn !!!

This weekend I'ma run the Setia Alam Half Marathon. The course shud be flat, with occasional sharp incline at the elevated crossings. I'ma run the 11K. Yesterday I went over to Klang just to register. The registration cost me RM30. Getting to Klang to register costs me RM40. I hope it's worth it. I mean, in terms of organization & course la. The Klang Pacers president, SP Wong told me yesterday that since I was late, I'ma get only the t-shirt & not the vest. It was New Balance anyway. So I told him nevermind la, I undertand. I still haven't got the vest owed to me by Pacesetters. I hope they have something for me, I paid RM55 for a race I didn't run. I was sick. 

Well, tomorrow I'ma do the run again. This time with my race shoes, gotta get familiar with it, the last time I use it was a month ago at Larian Bomba. Mizuno Wave Aero. Well, hopefully I can run better tomorrow. 

Livestrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment