Tuesday, February 9, 2016

WHY I RUN?

Some ppl run 4 fun. Some ppl run 2 socialize. There r ppl who run bcoz their friends run. Some ppl wants 2 challenge themselves, 2 see how far they can go.
I run bcoz of the undying competitive spirit in myself. Since I was 10, I've always been involved in competition of sorts :
10 y.o - Athletics 
11 y.o - cross country, handball
12 y.o - athletics, handball
13 y.o - football, cycling
17 y.o - represented Selangor cycling
18 y.o - Sukom 98 core squad trainee, Sukma Ipoh 94
20 y.o - Sukma Kuantan 96
21 y.o - basketball
22 y.o - UKM football team
23 y.o - Sea Games 2001 project team
30 y.o - KL league football
31 y.o - took up running
33 y.o - entered 1st road racing
Quite a resume. I've experienced competitive sport at a very high level, a level most of us could only dream of. & bcoz of tht, I really can't find a reason 2 stop. Since the age of 10, I proly had maybe 2-3 yrs of inactivity in my life.
I wanna get on the podium. The feeling of winning, getting medals, being cheered on, thts wht drives me. & I train seriously. I dun smile when I run. I dun stop & take selfies. I always try to find the extra edge 2 take me closer to the podium. Always willing 2 try new training methods, programs, equipment. & perhaps with my new race category, I'll be closer to realizing tht dream.
This msg is perhaps 4 mths premature. But who knows wht'll happen in 4 mths. Insha Allah. Livestrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment