Sunday, December 27, 2009

Staying motivated...

This morning I did a pretty lousy run. Yesterday was even worse. I didn't even complete my run yesterday. I was barely a kilo into my run when my stomach started giving me problem. The desperate kind. So I had to turn around, make a 500m dash towards my house & barely made it. Once I was done, the mood to continue was gone. So I did some weights. But I was pretty much puzzled, I didn't ate anything irregular that morning. In fact, I didn't eat anything at all, as usual. I only had my normal, chocolate HL milk, that's all. Hmm...

This morning I got up early, 6.10 am, but went out at 7.00 anyway. I planned to do around 12-15K, but ended up with just 9K. I felt like my fitness, more specifically, endurance, wasn't up to the mark. Well, this morning was actually my 1st run since Malakoff last week. I didn't actually felt tired or anything, my pace was okay, pretty much maintained 6:00/km thruout.

Maybe it was my schedule. U see, ever since I started running again after my crash, I've pretty much followed this pattern :

Monday : Rest
Tuesday : Intervals
Wednesday : Weights
Thursday : Tempo
Friday : Rest/Steady run
Saturday : Weights
Sunday : Race/Long run

But then, about a month ago I changed my protein supplement from ON 100% Whey to Muscletech Nitrotech Hardcore. & the result was awesome. I mean, I took ON for almost half a year, but the result was minimal. This Nitrotech, after a month I can see the result already, my body sculpting like never before. I guess I started taking it at just the right moment, during the overload phase of my weight training. So the result was much faster. & I guess I began to do more weights & less running. Plus, after I learned that I wasn't gonna run Malakoff, I've pretty much scaled down my running. My routine became this :

Monday : Weights
Tuesday : Rest
Wednesday : Weights
Thursday : Rest
Friday : Tempo run
Saturday : Weights
Sunday : Long run

I guess, I've gotta make a choice. It's either running or weights. It can't be both. I mean, by running, I lose more weight than if I just lift weights. I've pretty much stayed at 83-84kg, but with less body fat. & I've put on more lean muscle. That's good. But tht's not gonna help much with my running. I can only lift twice a week. & I can lift on Saturday now, that I've sufficient equipment in my home.

Next year, insya Allah, I'ma start running half marathons. I hope I can do my 1st half mara during the Putrajaya Night Marathon in February. I've got about a month to train. We'll see what happens.

Livestrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment