Wednesday, December 23, 2009

To get in the mood...

Actually, the reason I'm writing is to get into the mood into writing an important meeting's minute... which needs to be out by tomorrow. Cheh... alasan...

My new phone..

I finally kenot tahan edi with my Jet & after careful (yeah, right) consideration of my bank balance, etc, I went to Lowyat again to have it changed with another model, the one I was supposed to get in the 1st place. I knew I had to do it quick so that I won't lose too much in 2nd hand value. & just to justify my purchase, I brought my wifey along to witness the exchange. So, after 3 weeks with Jet, I switched to Omnia II. I had to fork out extra RM900 bucks for it, but I guess it was worth it. I get to do everything with the Omnia now, although I'm still trying to get used to using Windows Mobile 6.1. Wifey was silent throughout the ordeal, I guess she didn't really liked the idea, but ... she knew what would happen if I'd waited longer. I lost RM200 in the trade-in deal.

Cramps..

About 2 weeks ago, I suffered from a pretty severe cramps during my attempt to beat my personal best in my 6K course (well, 5.5 actually). With about a kilometer to go, I began to feel slight pulls in my right calf, but I kept on pressing, becoz I was on course to beating my PB. But then at about 500m, my right calf stopped working & I had to stop running abruptly. & I couldn't run anymore. I even had trouble walking. So, that's cost me a week's training, as I tried to hasten the recovery process by strapping my icepack on it twice daily. After a week's rest, I finally did a 9K tempo run without problem.

But then, during the Malakoff 12K, my last race of the year in Mont Kiara, my left calf acted up on me again. At KM5, just before the 2nd water station, I felt a slight pull in my left calf. I thought that my race was over. The killer climbs (3 of them) throughout the course didn't help much. So I stopped at the water station, drink some water & did some stretching on my left calf. Fortunately I was able to finish the race, but not at the pace I wanted to, as I had to be cautious not to push too hard. Otherwise I would never have finished the race.

I was beginning to think that I'm lacking something, becoz I've never experienced this kinda muscle cramps before. However, I was pretty happy with my run at Malakoff, which was good under that circumstances. That was my last race of the year, for the last 2 weeks of 2009 I'ma do some steady long runs. & hopefully I'll be able to do my 1st half marathon during the Putrajaya Night Marathon in Feb 6th 2010. Also, my 1st race for 2010 will most proly be the Pacesetters 30K, I'ma run the 10K, if I can get myself registered on time.

Livestrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment